Laces have been used for decorating since ages. In fact, lace manufacturing is a significant part of narrow fabrics industry. They not only decorate clothings but are also used to increase the beauty of home furnishings such as table cloths, curtains and bed linen. There are many ways for using laces for decoration as have been listed below. Some of these are common and age old methods whereas some others are entirely new and innovative ways for decorating with laces.
- Lace can be used as a base material for creating costumes.
- They can be used as decoration or trimming of dresses, especially for kids frocks.
- They lend grace and elegance to wedding gowns. In fact, such gowns look incomplete without a touch of lace for their decoration.
- It is good to match laces with color and texture of fabrics. If laces of particular color is difficult to find, they can be dyed because laces lend themselves for easy dyeing.
- Black lace over black satin, white and silver lace with white, silver or light colored fabrics look amazing.
- A lace shawl is a very good companion of gowns, especially wedding gowns.
- A hat decorated with lace gives charm to the dress as well as wearer's personality.
- Decorate handkerchiefs with laces and feel the sense of royalty.
- Subtle uses of laces are more charming. For example a chair having lace seat will look as if overdone but a cushion with its cover decorated with lace looks wonderful.
- When talking of home furnishing, experiments with different colored laces can be done. Colorful laces to make fabric collage on table linens will definitely look good.
- Laces can be used as borders on delicate, say satin, bed linen or as lace edging on curtains.
- Laces can even be used for making decorative wall hangings. For this, laces in varied patterns can be sewed or glued to a silk or satin covered cardboard backing. Glimpse of soft fabrics through the lace holes will create delightful experience.
- Those who love to do crafts can use laces in more creative ways. They can be used for making fine lace dresses for dolls or can be effectively used even in scrapbooking.
These were only few uses of lace, the beautiful narrow fabric. Just let your imagination loose and then see how this thin strip of fabric with holes can create wonderful effects on almost any thing!
|Fpllow Our Pinterest|
You might be interested in this site:
The Ultimate Guide to Planning your Wedding